1. Sign onto the Prod Server and from the desktop replicate the issue in the user browser and customer url
2. Check that MS SQLServer Service is running - START IF NOT RUNNING BUT DO NOT RESTART AS THAT MAY CAUSE OTHER ISSUES !!
3. Sign onto db from desktop to see if there is a connection then remotely if can connect locally.
4. Check TaskManager for Crashed W3WS.exe processes which are hogging resources. Kill if they are excessive.
5. If you can sign onto SSMS locally, check for long running scripts (how?) and kill SPID if necessary (how?)